Monday, April 8, 2013

Busy Spring

Betsy & I have had a busy 3 weeks.
I finished a month of exams at the University of Stuttgart on 14th of March.  However before I was finished with Stuttgart, I got a job offer at the University of Tuebingen!  So I informed NREL & Windward that I would be quitting, which was overdue, as work had been irregular and increasingly sparse.  I will start working next week or the 1st of May, depending on how fast my foreigner’s work permit can be processed.
As for Betsy, in the last 3 weeks, the student she was supervising went back to China, and she visited the University of Marie & Pierre Currie in Paris to give a talk and prepare future collaborations.
We also hosted Ted & Emily, friends from Boulder, for a few days leading up to Easter.  We visited castles, cloisters, breweries, and museums –in general, the quintessential southern Germany experience.
But the really blog worthy event is our bike ride to Vienna.  It took 8 days and we covered around 700km (440miles).  We are currently in Vienna until the Saturday the 13th of April, while Betsy is attending the European Geoscience Union conference.   …so I will blog about each day of our ride over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment