Monday, October 15, 2012

First Day of School


Today was my first day at the University of Stuttgart.  The classes seem like they will be very good; I am really looking forward to the rest of the semester.  There are about 40 students in my group, and we will take 6 core courses together this winter semester (mid-October to mid-February).  Most of my fellow students came straight from undergraduate degrees, but about a half dozen have 1 or 2 years of work experience.  This means that I am about a decade older than everyone.

On the first day of school, it is customary for the new student to get a "Schultüte" or "Zuckertüte", as seen in this picture.  The translation is school cone or sugar sack.  I think they are usually filled with candy, toys, pencils, etc.  Furthermore I think this is only for kindergartners, which is too bad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment