Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Long Bike Rides


Because I am now busy with classes, I don't think I will be making any long bike rides soon.  So this is a quick and (very quantitative) review of my late summer bike rides.
I wrote about riding up the Neckar River (Yellow path on map) on 2nd of September; it was 210km (130miles) and took 9.5hrs to get there and back.
Map of long bike rides, this map shows the entire width of the state of Baden-Württemberg
I also rode to Strasbourg, France and back.  This is the pink path.  That was a very grueling ride and took all day (12hrs) and was 220km (140miles) long.
Strasbourg
I attempted to get to Ulm, but didn’t make it.  This is the light blue path.  I got caught in one of the largest storms of the summer, and took a train back to Tübingen.  I was out for most of the day and went around 140km (90miles).

Danube River
Schloss Sigmaringen
My longest ride of the fall was a loop through Sigmaringen and Rottweil.  This is the orange path.  It was 240km (150miles) and took 13hrs.  There was frost when I started.  By mid-day I was on the Danube River bike path, and it is beautiful, and I stopped about every 2km to take pictures.

Recently I have ridden to Stuttgart and back.  This is the dark blue path.  While not as long, at only 125km (78miles), I have been able to ride it in about 5hrs.  Which I think is fairly good for self-supported trail/path riding.

I think the longs bike rides are finished this year.  Next spring Betsy & I are looking forward to biking through Holland to see the tulips.

No comments:

Post a Comment